ICIP Course - 1st edition
This course looks at how we measure the impact of intergenerational projects. Specifically it looks at:
- Why impact measurement is useful and valuable (both internally and externally)
- What a ‘theory of change’ is
- How to design a stakeholder map
- Types of indicators of change and data you can collect
- An overview of what quantitative and qualitative data is
- Identifying lessons learned
- How to tell your story
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe why intergenerational practice is important in housing, places and spaces
- Describe different types of intergenerational practices within housing that currently exist, their benefits and limitations
- Identify methodologies that can help to achieve social benefits in housing
- Identify some of the design features that can facilitate intergenerational practice
- Describe the importance of management in facilitating intergenerational practice in housing
On completion of the course learners will be able to:
- Describe how to plan an intergenerational activity or project.
- Describe what some of the challenges are when connecting different generations.
- Demonstrate how to interact more skilfully and effectively with younger and older people and describe barriers to engagement.
- Communicate more effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
The objectives of the learning programme are for participants to:
- replace existing ideas you may have about younger and older people that are based on misinformation about ageing.
- Develop knowledge, skills and confidence to apply this learning to their own individual lives and the lives of their communities.
By the end of this training course, learners will be able to:
- Describe what we mean by intergenerational practice and intergenerational work.
- Describe how an intergenerational approach can be used to bring communities together.
- Explain how intergenerational practice is related to policy and outcomes.
- Reflect on your own learning and practice and be able to apply this as required.